This past week was spent working on the important but very boring work of electrical and plumbing in the kitchen renovation. There is not much visible progress to show, which can be frustrating for me, but we are just about ready for drywall to go up so we can instal the cabinets and tile! We received our tile delivery and finalized our flooring choice and install date. All the pieces are coming together now and I’m excited to get in and work on this kitchen!
We went back and forth on some design choices, and ultimately the kitchen I shared in the last post felt a little bit too busy with color. Here is what is purchased and will be installed.
- Rejuvenation Anello Spun Cone Pendant This will go over the small table in the breakfast nook (we were lucky enough to find this at the Rejuvenation factory sale here in Portland last month for 60% off the sale price!)
- Warm Green 4×4″ Tile This is a pretty affordable tile option I purchased during an Overstock weekend sale
- Marmoleum sheet flooring in White Chocolate We absolutely love the environmentally responsible marmoleum flooring we’ve installed in other houses and are so excited to use it again. It is made of natural materials, healthy for indoor air, and extremely durable in high traffic areas. This color is a warm off-white with adobe colored speckles!
- Adobe Dust Benjamin Moore Paint for the adjacent dining room and I am 75% certain I will use this in the breakfast nook as well. We will use their Natura non-toxic, no VOC line.
- Ikea Sektion Cabinets I originally wanted to add aftermarket doors to our IKEA kitchen cabinets I’m installing, but since we are updating the entire first floor of the house in one go, they are not in our budget. Luckily IKEA has nice matte white cabinet fronts we are pretty pleased with.
- Mackinaw Cabinet Pulls by Sarah Sherman Samuel for Semihandmade I *think* these are the handles we are going with, but have to make the final decision this week and place our order.
I still have to decided on the sink, faucet, and lighting fixture for above our sink this week, but at least the major decisions have been made! It took a while for me to have samples of every color of tile, flooring, cabinets, and paint I wanted and to put them together in just the right combination for our house. I am really looking forward to these next few weeks and to having this space put back together with new life!